Intentional Spending and Giving
14 Words for Love is an independently-owned social enterprise, structured to give at least 14 percent of all our profits to organizations that align with our mission and the human issues we focus on throughout the year, such as:
- Promoting peace and non-violence
- Social justice for all
- Awareness and support for mental and emotional health
- Creativity as the antidote to negativity
We strive to achieve three things. Every purchase will give you:
- Something unique that you won't find on Amazon or in big stores
- Sustainably sourced materials produced and fulfilled here in Athens, GA
- Satisfaction of giving! At least 14 percent of profits from every purchase will help our non-profit partners.
We partner with Satisfactory Screen Printing & Design here in Athens, GA, because it rocks on all our partner criteria. We chose Satisfactory's BELLA+CANVAS shirts due to its mission to BE DIFFERENT. Here's how BELLA+CANVAS walks its talk as an eco-friendly clothing company:
We dye all of our fabric in California at dye houses that use 7x less water than the average clothing manufacturer. We take every opportunity to reduce our CO2 emissions. We recycle everything possible – fabric, plastic, bottles, paper… you name it!
14 Words for Love Theme Packs
Think about all the things that make us human: the ability to love, feel pain, grieve, question, resist, accept, strive, work, play and reflect. We've created theme packs that will change every few months, due to the best 14 Words for Love submissions to our site.
Our 2018 starter packs reflect some of our favorite 14 words for love submissions, plus sometimes beautiful, funny, or profound quotes and aphorisms by more famous folks. Kelly O'Dell Stanley has lovingly designed each pack to reflect each theme.